Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Let It Be

Deep in the sand
You’ve left your footprints to follow
Somewhere they’ve faded
It’s harder to swallow

In order to follow
The path of the Potter
I need to walk
And swim in the water

The waves are rough
And each one more incapable to bear
In my heart, deep in my soul
I know you are there

If I turn left, right
Or even behind
The path is so easy
Yet hard to rewind

For you call me
To go straight ahead
Just like the father
Who rests his child to bed

The waves will collapse
The storm will scream thunder
Though I’m drowning in fear
You’ll pull me from under

One day the waters
Will lay at rest
And ill realize that always
Your plans are the best

So Lord let me follow
The plan set for me
Whatever you have stored
I will ‘let it be’

1 comment:

  1. Lookin good Jake, keep 'em comin my man! Let your heart sing to the souls of others!!

    Tyler

    ReplyDelete